Wednesday 2 December 2009

Real Madrid vs Zurich (Champions League)


So I decided to fly out to Madrid on Wednesday. Tuesday work ran a bit late and I was unable to make my flight which I just caught out the next afternoon instead. Our aircraft wasn't working so they laid on a 757 for a 1.5 hour flight..very nice. Real business class seats for a very short flight. Trouble is that this aircraft also failed to start. I was, however, flying BA so I knew the boys would find a solution and sure enough, an hour or so later, the plane was fixed and I got to fly to Madrid in time for the Real game (and see Candice of course). We had some amazing seats right by the pitch and it was amazing to watch the greats like Raul and Ronanldo eventhough they had a pretty average game. Still, capacity at circa 80,000 and a great atmosphere made it a night to remember. Finding an American diner afterwards made it all that bit better and it was nice for Candice to have some "home" cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment